CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I have a confession to make

I am a horrible person. This is the panic that just lightninged through my mind about an hour ago – tomorrow night (Monday, the 22nd) I have too many shows to watch. Oh sure, I have TiVo, but it took me till just a little bit ago to realize that I have four and a half hours or programming of which I am addicted that all falls into Monday prime time. I know it looks bad now, but it gets worse. Because of my schedule, I get up early (3:30 am) so I really have to get to bed by ten at the latest. Now this is where it gets worse. I’m taking a Statistics class Tuesday and Thursday nights so I can’t spend all of Tuesday reveling in all my glorious audio visual entertainment. So here’s the bottom line. If we were trying really hard, I think we could watch The Hills at 7:00, then I might be able to watch Prison Break (8:00), so we could then catch Heroes at 9:00. But even after all that, there’s still two hours left of 24 and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Now I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking Phil is crazy. Well listen, I don’t blame you for thinking I’m crazy. It blows my mind that I have fallen this far. I can remember a time not too long ago, when almost everyone I knew started saying, “Is that your final answer?” and I didn’t know what the hell they were talking about – I’m not kidding about that.

Here’s the really horrible part – the way I feel right now about it, I think the only one I would be ok with letting go of is Studio 60. Giving up the four other shows? That would kill me. Yeah I’m sure I could muster the will power to cut out watching them, but I would try to watch vicariously through people I know who are also addicts of the shows. “What happened last night?! Has Hiro gotten to use his sword yet?! How many larynxes did Jack crush in one hour?! Lauren didn’t get back together with Jason, did she?! Has Michael kissed Sarah?!” This is what I would be harassing people with if I quick these shows cold turkey. And even if I was too ashamed to ask these questions, the questions would just float around my mind, festering, driving me mad. All this to say, I think I could give them up physically, but emotionally I don’t think I could do it in a faquillion years.

As these words move from my conscious mind, down to my fingers, and then onto this blog page, I am realizing that I’m worse off than I thought. There is no excuse – I watch too much television.

I can’t think of what else to say so this is it for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry your pretty head too much. Most of America is in the same boat. I keep waiting for houses to have those "TV walls" like I once saw in Back to the Future 2. That way, you could have all the shows on at the same time and there would be no problem at all.

Chelsea Lee said...

phil,
you cannot give up on studio 60! it is sooooo good. come one stick with it. also p.s. do NOT start watching the black donelly's. i saw the first episode and now i am hooked.
love ya,
chels

Bret said...

Wow. I am reading this way after it was posted and am realizing that I forgot all about studio 60. I liked that show. I was sad it was cancelled. But then again, I didn't bother to watch it when it was on, but would catch up online every few weeks. I guess that is why it was cancelled.